Our fall movie night was a big success, and we're not just saying that because it didn't rain.
We had more than 200 students and family members join us in the big yard at Carroll Street to enjoy a movie together, enjoy pizza from Jets pizza, eat popcorn and homemade treats, and pop a glow stick or 50.
Special thanks go to:
- Mr. Frank and Security Agent Crandell for taking care of the permit and keeping us safe so we can run after-hours events.
- Mr. Unyque for his technical know-how and facilities finesse, as always.
- Marissa DeVito-Siegal for stepping up to help lead the Movie Night Committee and running a great first one. (She's a good weather good luck charm it seems.)
- Raquel Cunha, Katherine Beto, Scotte Hardin and Melissa Melkumov of the PTA Executive Board for all their help ahead of the event and behind the concession stand.
- All the volunteers who helped set-up and clean-up, sold food and raffle tickets, including Brie Ashley, Juliette Borda, Taniqua Bostick, Genesa Campbell, Rosemary Densen. Karen Emmerich, Andrea Evans, Julia Finegan, Steven Gomez, Julia Jackson, Emily Reisman, Allyson Smith, Marie Wobbe and some others we might be forgetting who dropped off drinks and snacks and treats and sold them all at the concession stand. Every bit of help was much appreciated.
- Jack from 3-2 and his dad, who won the 50/50 raffle and generously donated their winnings back to the PTA!
- Jets Pizza for donating the sell-out pizza
- All our community members who came out to enjoy the show, helped clean up and had fun. It felt great to be together as a school community.
We'll be having another Movie Night in the spring (if not sooner). If you'd like to help us plan and execute it, please reply to this message or join the Movie Night Committee on Konstella.
The PTA's next big community event is Roots and Community on Nov. 18 in the ICT gym. If you can host a table, please sign up here.