October 19, 2018
On October 18, 2018, you received a letter from the Department of Education’s Deputy Chief Operating Officer notifying you that a few of our classrooms have elevated Lead levels. These are indicated on the original letter you received yesterday.
I will keep you updated on the remediation work at our school, and want to inform you of what is happening immediately.
- Bubblers have been turned off in both of the PreK rooms.
- After school and enrichment programs have been notified.
- Bottled water arrived at the school today. We will place the bottled water in one of the Pre-K classrooms for students from Pre K 1 and Pre K 2 to have access for fresh water daily.
- K-1 (room B10) will also have access to fresh water even though the bubbler is this room did not test elevated.
- DSF has notified the Custodial Engineer that immediately beginning this afternoon, any elevated water fixture will be replaced in Pre K 1, Pre K 2 and K-1.
- The water fountain on the third floor of the main building has been shut off and will also be replaced.
- Fresh water will be delivered to the third floor for all classrooms on that floor.
- The water bottle filler in the gymnasium will remain off, until further notice.
Thank you for your continued support during this time.
Principal, The Children’s School