Wed, Feb 8 12:14pm
Thanks to everyone who joined the (early) February PTA meeting. The recording is available here and the minutes will be posted on inclusions.
- Last Friday saw a successful orientation session for our new families (around 20) that included giveaways of clothing, toiletries, food and supplies, as well as information about accessing city resources. At the current time, there are no immediate needs for additional donations. Yvette will send out any specific requests as they come in. Thank you to all the families and volunteers who stepped in to gather and organize the donations.
- Readathon is off to a great start! 46,367 minutes so far! Keep logging those minutes. If you want paper logs, you can download PDFs from the Readathon Page (or look in the FILES section of Konstella).
- The Community Bookstore partnership continues through the end of the month. 20% of all sales will be donated back to PTA. Instructions here and the library wishlist is here.
- The Valentine's Day dance is Saturday. Please volunteer to help (you can sign up for an hour or two, or set-up or clean-up). This is a super-fun event for the whole family but it's a lot of work. Please pitch in if you can.
- Lion King performances are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday evening (Feb. 15, 16). Buy tickets here. Students from both sites will have a chance to see the show during the school day.
- The Pizza Friday Committee needs new volunteers to help run it next year or we will not be able to continue having it. Current 5th Grade parent Stephanie DeVito will train you in the ins- and outs (spreadsheet work tracking payments and co-coordinating with the pizzeria) Email email@example.com for more information.
Hope you have a POSITIVE day!