Our annual Read-a-thon is entirely online this year!
- All families (both sites) can head over to our Registration Page, and use their student’s “@PS372.net” email to register students to participate.
- Once you have activated their account via email, they (or you) can log onto their personalized Read-a-thon Dashboard to log their reading, unlock milestone minute badges, track their progress, and view their sponsors. Read-a-thon Dashboards are unique to each student. Individual information on Read-a-thon Dashboards such as reading logs and sponsor details will not be tracked publicly for this event. This event seeks to foster participation and a love of reading over competition.
If you want help on how to use a Read-a-thon dashboard, watch this tutorial: https://youtu.be/oMT0bZhbtcQ
- Our community is invited to ask family, friends, and co-workers to sponsor students for either an amount per minute of reading or with a lump sum donation. You are not required to solicit sponsors to participate in this event, however we have made it easier for families. We’ve created a convenient Email Blast Form where you may email up to 15 sponsors automatically with a pre-written script that explains our Read-a-thon and requests a donation for your specific student. Sponsors can donate at any time between now and the end of February 2021.
- Students record their minutes (outside of the classroom) every day in their virtual reading log. Books count! Reading on a Tablet counts! Magazines count! Comics count! Newspapers count! Homework reading counts! Students who are not reading independently should include the minutes they are read to by an adult (or other independent reader).
- There are still be Milestone Minute Badges but they are be virtual and accessible through each student’s personal Read-a-thon Dashboard. At the end of February, we’ll place students into the appropriate Milestone Minute drawings. Prizes will be sent via email.
Milestones & Prizes
- Every participant in our Read-a-thon will receive a certificate of participation via email
- Students will be awarded virtual badges to showcase Milestone Minutes read. They are: Participation (any number of minutes read), 125 minutes, 250 minutes, 500 minutes & 1000 minutes
- Students who reach each Milestone Minute mark will be entered into drawings to win gift certificates for Community Bookstore
- Classes with the most participation in every grade will choose a new book title for our libraries with Ms. Jackie
- Virtual prizes will be awarded to classes who have 100% participation!
Questions? Want to volunteer? Having technical issues or have other general questions? Submit a question!