Our Read-a-thon starts TODAY!
It’s time to sign up!
This year’s Read-a-thon will be managed entirely online. All families (both sites) can head over to our Registration Page, and using their student’s “@PS372.net” email may register students to participate. Once they have activated their account via email, they can log onto their personalized Read-a-thon Dashboard to log their reading, unlock milestone minute badges, track their progress, and view their sponsors. Read-a-thon Dashboards are unique to each student. Individual information on Read-a-thon Dashboards such as reading logs and sponsor details will not be tracked publicly for this event. This event seeks to foster participation and a love of reading over competition. Students can join this event at any point during February and get credit for participation.
Our community is invited to ask family, friends, and co-workers to sponsor students for either an amount per minute of reading or with a lump sum donation. You are not required to solicit sponsors to participate in this event, however we have made it easier for families. We’ve created a convenient Email Blast Form where you may email up to 15 sponsors automatically with a pre-written script that explains our Read-a-thon and requests a donation for your specific student. Sponsors can donate at any time between now and the end of February 2021.
Students record their minutes (outside of the classroom) every day in their virtual reading log. Books count! Reading on a Tablet counts! Magazines count! Comics count! Newspapers count! Homework reading counts! Students who are not reading independently should include the minutes they are read to by an adult (or other independent reader).
Tally Days will be virtual and more frequent so that Team Read-a-thon can report back about how student participation is progressing. There will still be Milestone Minute Badges but they will be virtual and accessible through each student’s personal Read-a-thon Dashboard. At the end of February, we’ll place students into the appropriate Milestone Minute drawings. Prizes will be sent via email.
Milestones & Prizes
- Every participant in our Read-a-thon will receive a certificate of participation via email
- Students will be awarded virtual badges to showcase Milestone Minutes read. They are: Participation (any number of minutes read), 125 minutes, 250 minutes, 500 minutes & 1000 minutes
- Students who reach each Milestone Minute mark will be entered into drawings to win gift certificates for Community Bookstore
- Classes with the most participation in every grade will choose a new book title for our libraries with Ms. Jackie
- Virtual prizes will be awarded to classes who have 100% participation!
Want to volunteer? Having technical issues or have other general questions? Submit a question!