We are pleased to invite the PS10 school community to help shape the future of our school! The Budget Committee needs new members to help create the budget which will decide what the PTA spends money on in the coming school year.
If you are interested in joining the budget committee, please join the Budget Committee channel on Konstella, stop by the PTA office, or email Ann Gregg: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More on the Budget Committee:
The Budget Committee shall be responsible for drafting a proposed budget each spring for input from the full Executive Board followed by approval by the membership, as well as a written review of the prior year’s budget. Both shall be presented for a vote no later than the June membership meeting. For other specific provisions relating to the budget committee, see bylaws Section 10.5.
The Budget Committee shall consist of five (5) people and be chaired by the Treasurer. The Committee shall be responsible for:
- A written review of the prior year’s budget for discussion no later than the May membership meeting.
- A proposed budget for adoption by the membership no later than the June membership meeting.
- Other responsibilities related to the budget as delegated by the Executive Board.
Additional Steps the budget committee will take:
- Building a preliminary budget based on the 2019-2020 PTA budget income and expense totals and end-of-year projections.
- Ask the general parent and teacher community what they would like to prioritize in the budget.
- Ask the school administration what they would like to prioritize in the budget.
- Coordinate with PTA Committees on income and expense projections.
- Present the proposed budget to the Executive Board for review.
- Present the proposed budget to the school administration for review.
- Once the budget is reviewed by the Executive Board and administration, the Executive Board will take it to the general PTA meeting for a vote.
The budget committee will meet bi-weekly starting in February. Meetings will take place once a month in the am, and once a month in the evenings or as committee members agree to.
February: Review the 2019-2020 budget and build a first draft budget
March: Survey the general parent and teacher community about priorities.
Meet with the school administration about priorities.
April: Survey committees/ coordinate to get projections for income and expenses.
Present budget to the executive committee and administration for review.
May: Present budget at the general PTA meeting.
June: Ratify budget in a general election.
First meeting: Thursday, Feb 13th, 8:45 am
Second meeting: Thursday, Feb 27th, 6:30 pm (Skipping school vacation week)
Additional meetings scheduled by the committee.