Monday, March 23rd remote learning launch, we are providing a list of the Internet Service Providers who you can reach out to after determining which are available in your area. Thanks to the New York Tech Educators Network (NYTEN) for compiling a comprehensive list. As indicated in an earlier Konstella post, please note that while P.S. 10 will be closed today, you should still fill out the NYCDOE tech survey at this link:
https://coronavirus.schools.nyc/RemoteLearningDevices if you require a device.
Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, eligible households interested in this solution can call: 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
● For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
● Altice is the parent company for Optimum. Ellen from Tuckahoe called (877)298-8998, which is CableMover Hotline, and put in the zip codes for our district and the automated system said they were Optimum addresses and directly connected me. I gave some actual addresses in our district to the rep, who confirmed they were Optimum addresses. I then sent the info above to our families.
Comcast Increases Access to and Speeds of Internet Essentials to Support Americans Through Coronavirus Pandemic
● We’ll send all new customers a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee.
● To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.
Charter to Offer Free Access to Spectrum Broadband and Wi-Fi For 60-Days For New K-12 and College Student Households and More
● Parents have to call 844-488-8395 starting Monday, March 16 for grades k-college
● Free internet for 60 days with more information coming on installation instructions and programs guidelines
● Format 100 mbps speed Open internet (your device needs to set up filtering apart from this)
● Public Wi-Fi hotspot will also be made available so no credentials should be needed
● Spectrum informed a family in Tuckahoe when they called this number that there was no active service close to their address so they would not be willing to connect them. Spectrum is the one who suggested we called CableMover Hotline 877-298-8998 which connected us with Optimum. See notes under Altice above.
Verizon response to the coronavirus COVID19 | About Verizon
60 days unlimited smartphone data
20GB of additional mobile hotspot service
Future reference- T-Mobile’s EmpowerED 2.0 program for hotspots-
Information here: https://www.t-mobile.
Free WiFi 60 days - Optimum is rolling out a free Internet program on Monday. Families will need to call optimum and ask for the “free Internet program” and explain their situation as it relates to the COVID19 emergency. (Ex: there are students in the house, schools have closed and lessons are online.) Optimum will set up a router at their location. NY sales rep 1-718-617-3500