Dear PS10 Families,
Thank you to all those who were able to attend today's PTA General Meeting.
For a quick recap on what was discussed at today's meeting please read below. You can also watch the whole meeting at this link on Facebook Live.
- Met Opera Program presentation on the plans for the year
- K & 1st teachers spoke on the assistance that the School Professionals provide, which is funded by the money parents donate to the PTA, as well as a conversation on the budgeting process for the school
- Extended Day Update on new programs, enrollment and more
- Science Committee - This new PTA Committee is helping to bring more enrichment and professional development for teachers as it pertains to the science curriculum
- Recess and Lunch Committee Update - We will be asking for parent volunteers during lunch and recess soon
- E3 Sports spoke and discussed their plans on how they will help our during recess.
- Discussion of what the plans are for recess during inclement weather
- Review of the 2019-2020 approved budget
- Discussion on ways to donate, including programs like Amazon Smile and Box Tops
- PTA spends over $375 per child and any amount is welcome! You can donate at this link anytime.
- Chess Club Update - How the program works, and which grades will be getting chess in the classroom
- Principal Report (AP Gary Wong)
- Events and Committee Announcements
- Auction Committee Update - request for volunteers and donations to the auction (i.e. experiences, etc)
- Parent Action Committee is having a meeting soon and join the committee on Konstella
- Progressive Dinner is coming October 19th come out and meet new parents!
- Request for new parents on the PTA!!! We need Kindergarten Liaisons, Parent Liaisons, and more!
October's PTA General meeting will be on October 17th at 6pm, hope to see you there! Pizza and childcare will be provided.