We have become partners in bringing the unique experience of remote learning to life for our children. Spring Break has become an extension of this experience, but promises to be more engaging and fun. Please review the student engagement guidelines for the Spring Break days of April 9th to April 17th below:
- During the break, these days are considered regular school days.
- Attendance will be taken daily through Google Classroom check-in by your child’s classroom teacher.
- Please inform your classroom teacher in advance if your child will be absent. If nonattendance is for the purpose of observing a religious holiday, please let the teacher know so that the absence can be coded correctly to reflect this.
- Teachers will be posting resources that were provided by the DOE for each day. The resources provided are meant to focus on either enrichment activities based on the arts and sciences or whole family experiences.
- There may be additional enrichment activities created and posted by our teachers on some days. Additional opportunities for families to take advantage of will be posted on Konstella as well.
- Please note that activities are optional and are not mandated to be completed or submitted.
- We are recommending that all children continue to read for at least a half hour independently each day. Additionally, journaling is something that many of our upper grade classes have been doing and is encouraged.
- Teachers will not be conducting any live streaming via Zoom or Google Meets during the Spring Break Days.
- Related service providers (PT, OT and Speech) will not be conducting face to face teletherapy sessions during this week. Please reach out directly to your child’s service provider if you have any questions or concerns.
We hope you have a happy, healthy, safe Spring Break!