Wed, May 17 10:16am
In celebration of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, the AAPI Committee will be hosting a snack sale after school this Friday, May 19th.
Get excited for goodie bags filled with a variety of Asian treats like Pocky, Panda cookies, Want Want rice crackers, Hi-Chew candies, Choco Pies, Kimnori seaweed, Banana Chips, Lychee Jellos, and more! Goodie bags are $5 each and proceeds will benefit the PTA.
We are also highlighting the many contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders with the AAPI Posters Project. Students can find these posters throughout the school to learn more about how the following AAPI figures have made an important impact celebrating our culture, advancing diversity and representation, uplifting each other, and bringing us closer together as a community. Be sure to ask your kids about them!
- Ke Huy Quan - Actor
- Jhené Aiko - R&B Singer
- Olivia Rodrigo - Singer-Songwriter
- Roy Choi - Chef and Social Activist
- Michelle Wu - Mayor of Boston, Massachusetts
- Prabal Gurung - Fashion Designer
- Sundar Pichai - Google Executive
- Amanda Phingbodhipakkiya - Artist, Educator, and Activist
- Alice Wong - Disabled Activist and Writer
- Chella Man - YouTuber and LGBTQ+ Activist
- Tulsi Gabbard - Politician
- Sunisa Lee - Olympic Gymnast
- Max Park - Speedcubing Champion
- Steven Chen - Co-Founder of YouTube
- Auli'i Cravalho - Actor and Singer
THANK YOU to Bora Lee, Yumi Kobayashi, & Jocelyn Fung for leading the poster project!
If any families are interested in learning more about the AAPI Committee, please send a message to: email@example.com.
Please be aware the snacks may contain or come into contact with common allergens, such as dairy, eggs, wheat, soybeans, tree nuts, and peanuts. Please check the ingredients before consuming.
Choco Pie: Contains wheat, milk, eggs, nuts
Pocky, Panda Cookies: Contains wheat, milk, soy
Want Want Rice Crackers: Contains wheat, soy
Hi-Chew: Contains milk, soy
Tenkei Marshmallow: Contains soy