Mon, Mar 27 3:24pm
Sending out a friendly reminder about our weekly CHiPS food donation/collection on Wednesday, 3/29. Families can bring donations Wednesday morning during drop-off at the Main Entrance and they will be driven to CHiPS immediately after (for early drop-off and Math Magic attendees, donations can be left in the main entrance way!).
Note: If you would like to get more involved in the weekly donations, whether to help sort in the morning and/or drive over donations to CHiPS, please send an email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We could always use additional volunteers, especially as this is now an ongoing need/activity!
Any amount helps!
The following items are urgently needed as pantry items and to help supplement the meals they put out from their kitchen. Please label all prepared items - we welcome anything that is nutritious and can be easily handed out, including:
- Lunch meats for Sandwiches, Bread, Tortillas
- Jelly Jars, Peanut Butter
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Fruit cups
- Fresh Fruit (Oranges/Bananas ; NO apples please)
- Juice Boxes
- Individually Wrapped Snacks (Nuts, Beef Sticks, Crackers, Bars/Cookies)
- Microwaveable Meals - Instant Ramen, Rice & Beans Packets
- Sandwiches - ALL Kinds (Ham/Cheese, Turkey/Cheese, PBJ)
- Prepared Meals (pasta, rice/beans, soup, pasta salad etc) Please pre-package in individual portions.
- Sandwich Ziplock Baggies
- NEW To-go Containers
- Plastic Utensils spoons/forks
- Fresh Direct Bags/Sturdy Bags
For anyone unable to make it this week, we’ll collect again next week! Also please consider online support at chipsonline.org/ donate, and you can find a list of specific needs for the CHiPS Soup Kitchen on this Amazon wish list.
CHiPS (Community Help in Park Slope)
200 4th Ave. | Brooklyn, New York 11217