Sending out a friendly reminder about our weekly CHiPS food donation/collection on Wednesday, 4/26. Families can bring donations Wednesday morning during drop-off at the Main Entrance and they will be driven to CHiPS immediately after (for early drop-off and Math Magic attendees, donations can be left in the main entrance way!).
The following items are urgently needed for daily breakfast and lunch served to over 400 people, as well as pantry items and to help supplement the meals they put out from their kitchen.
Please label all prepared items - we welcome anything that is nutritious and can be easily handed out, including:
- Sandwiches - ALL Kinds (Ham/Cheese, Turkey/Cheese, Egg Salad, PBJ)
- Sliced Bread Packages
- Lunch Meatpackages
- Prepared Meals (pasta, rice/beans, soup, pasta salad etc) Please pre-package in individual portions.
- Microwaveable Meals - Instant Ramen, Rice & Beans Packets
- Jelly Jars, Peanut Butter
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Fruit cups
- Fresh Fruit (Oranges/Bananas ; NO apples please)
- Juice Boxes
- Individually Wrapped Snacks (Nuts, Beef Sticks, Crackers, Bars/Cookies)
- Sandwich Ziplock Baggies
- NEW To-go Containers
- Plastic Utensils spoons/forks
- Fresh Direct Bags/Sturdy Bags
For anyone unable to make it this week, we’ll collect again next week! Also please consider online support at chipsonline.org/ donate, and you can find a list of specific needs for the CHiPS Soup Kitchen on this Amazon wish list.
Note: If you would like to get more involved in the weekly donations, whether to help sort in the morning and/or drive over donations to CHiPS, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. We could always use additional volunteers, especially as this is now an ongoing need/activity!