Just a reminder that TOMORROW, Wednesday, 2/1, we will again be collecting food donations to support CHiPs Food Pantry. Families can bring donations Wednesday morning during Drop-Off at the Main Entrance and they will be driven to CHiPS immediately after.
CHiPs currently serves over 300+ breakfast and lunch meals a day – double the amount of last year - and has an urgent, ongoing need for donations. Anything that is nutritious and can be easily handed out is welcome!
Please label sandwiches!
- Sandwiches - all kinds (PBJ, ham/cheese, turkey/cheese)
- Fresh fruit (Oranges/Bananas ; NO apples please)
- Juice boxes
- Water bottles
- Individually wrapped snacks/baked goods (pre-packaged or portioned out into baggies)
- 1-2 person portions of pasta salad, beans and rice, etc
- Microwaveable meals
- Bulk sizes of bread, ground coffee, sugar, eggs, boxes of sandwich baggies, to-go plastic containers.
A tip from our Green Committee: Are you making sandwiches for donation? Consider packing them in paper sandwich bags instead of plastic baggies. These bags work very well, are easy to label, and are economical.
For anyone unable to bring food in person tomorrow, we’ll collect again next week!
Also please consider online support at chipsonline.org/donate - you can find a list of specific needs for the CHiPS Soup Kitchen on this Amazon wish list.
Another 1000 new asylum seekers are scheduled to arrive and be given shelter in Red Hook at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, so stay tuned for a separate about needed items!