PTA FUN RUN THIS SATURDAY!
1) CHiPs Weekly Food Collection continues every Wednesday. Please bring Halloween costumes you're ready to share too!
2) PTA FUN Run Saturday
2) Book drive 11/10 (details to come)
3) Fall and winter clothing swap 11/11 with PS124
4) 5th Grade and after school service projects (November and December)
The PTA Fun Run on Saturday is our first chance to connect and hangout with PS124. They've got about 30 people coming!! PS 107 is a host committee, and we'll have a joint snack table with PS 124.
(Note: Please join the PS 107 Team when you register by entering "PS107 John W. Kimball" in the search menu. All funds raised are redistributed to Title 1 Schools in District 15, which includes PS 124.)
The FUN RUN will kickoff other events when we can all hangout, including the NYC marathon (11/5) and the clothing swap (11/11). If you haven’t already joined our PS 107/PS 124 WhatsApp group, here’s the link:
Yes, we are having a book drive!
Please start cleaning out your shelves. We'll start collecting November 8-10. And will have books for sale after school on November 10th.
Our weekly food drive continues:
Our weekly food drive for CHiPs continues. Last year, the Community Outreach Committee ran a pop-up food drive each Wednesday morning to accept food donations for CHiPS, a community kitchen located on 4th Avenue. They serve over 400 people breakfast and lunch each day. The food PS107 donates on Wednesday morning is packed into dinners for CHiPs clients.
Please bring donations on Wednesdays during morning drop-off near the Main Entrance. They will be driven to CHiPS immediately after. See what to donate below, and signup to help in the weeks ahead here.
What to donate: please label all prepared items - we welcome anything that is nutritious and can be easily handed out.
- Sandwiches - ALL Kinds (Ham/Cheese, Turkey/Cheese, Egg Salad, PBJ) (Please label)
- Sliced Bread Packages
- Lunch Meat packages
- Prepared Meals (pasta, rice/beans, soup, pasta salad etc) Please pre-package in individual portions.
- Microwaveable Meals - Instant Ramen, Rice & Beans Packets
- Jelly Jars, Peanut Butter
- Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Shelf Stable Milk
- Fruit cups
- Fresh Fruit (Oranges/Bananas ; NO apples please)
- Juice Boxes
- Individually Wrapped Snacks (Nuts, Beef Sticks, Crackers, Bars/Cookies)
- Sandwich Ziplock Baggies
- NEW To-go Containers
- Plastic Utensils spoons/forks
- Fresh Direct Bags/Sturdy Bags
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with questions/suggestions.
Emily & Jeanne
Community Outreach Committee Co-Chairs