Wed, Oct 26 8:30am - Fri, Oct 28 10:00am
Just a quick evening update on community outreach initiatives :)
- This past Friday (10/21), PS 124 provided a fresh food market for over 85 families - all sponsored by the donations you provided a few weeks ago! Thank you again for your generosity and support of the community (the school provided a few photos, which are attached!)
- One of our Community Outreach Committee members, Joanna Lumbang Dowding, has organized a Halloween Costume collection drive for students at PS 124 and PS 169. If you have new or gently-used (clean) Halloween costumes that you would like to donate, please bring them to the front of the school at morning drop off this week. We will also have a dropbox available inside the main entrance during school hours. Collections will run from Tuesday (10/25) through Thursday (10/27). For any questions, please contact joannalumbang@yahoo.
com (also see attached flyer).
- We have received so many winter gear donations - thank you!! Our Afterschool program (and PS107 students!) graciously supported the effort to sort much of the gear at school late last week; however, there is a lot of gear that still needs to be sorted. That said, we are seeking parent volunteers to help sort the remaining donations on Wednesday (10/26) and Thursday (10/27) mornings after drop-off (see signups below).
- Our gear drop-off at PS124 is tentatively scheduled for Friday, 10/28 in the morning (we expect some time between drop off and 10am). If you have a car, and are available to support transporting the gear down to PS124, please sign up! We will send out an update once we've finalized the time (see signups below).
- Some of you may have heard last March about a PS 124 family’s tragic loss of their teenage son to leukemia. They are an asylum-seeking family from Kenya and are working to purchase a headstone for their son on the one year anniversary of his passing (Nathaniel Wabuke Mulongo). PS 124 wanted to pass along the Venmo information in support of this request: @chefrachel - last 4 of phone number 1424.
- The Amazon wishlist items for our PS 107 families were supported within hours of posting (with a small exception of items that were unable to be fulfilled on a registry). There may be additional wishlists posted as the needs arise, so stay tuned for more information. Again, completely overwhelmed with your generosity and support!!
-Community Outreach Committee