October 25, 2019
PS 107 John W. Kimball Learning Center
1301 8th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215
Ms. Eve Litwack, Principal
Ms. Pamela Rosenberg, Parent Coordinator
Mr. Steven Tomsik, Teacher
Dear Ms. Litwack, Ms. Rosenberg, and Mr. Tomsik
I am writing in regard to an exciting opportunity for PS 107 students, staff and parents to participate in Con Edison’s Neighborhood Program, a home energy efficiency program offered in your community. Con Edison’s Neighborhood Program offers residents in qualifying neighborhoods in Brooklyn and Queens* free energy efficient light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs for their home. Through this program, customers can schedule a visit from Con Edison’s contractor, Franklin Energy, to install complimentary LED lightbulbs and replace their less efficient incandescent and compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs. The Neighborhood Program helps customers save energy in their homes, and helps Con Edison keep service reliable by reducing the electric demand in your neighborhood during the summer when the demand for electricity is highest.
Although customers outside PS 107 can currently refer their eligible neighbors to participate in the Neighborhood Program and receive a $25 gift card for each referral that results in a completed appointment, we are establishing a special program to allow PS 107 to benefit directly.
We are inviting PS 107 students, staff and parents to refer eligible residents in your community to the Neighborhood Program, and Con Edison will give the referral reward to your school ($25 per eligible referral completion) when you use the referral code PS 107.
Here’s how the referral promotion will work:
- In November, Con Edison’s Neighborhood Program team will visit Mr. Tomsik’s science class to speak with 3rd through 5th grade students about the program and the impact of energy efficiency in their home and community.
- Students can take home post cards explaining how to participate in the program, and invite their parents and neighbors to participate in the program by December 31, 2019. Students can encourage their parents and neighbors to use the referral code PS 107 when they make their appointment to benefit your school.
- Families can participate in the program by calling 1-212-328-0174, or visiting conEd.com/Neighborhood to schedule an appointment online. Remember to enter the referral code PS 107 where prompted when scheduling an appointment online or over the phone.
- Our contractor, Franklin Energy, will install the LED lightbulbs at the scheduled appointment date and time. An appointment usually takes 45 minutes or less.
- Con Edison will use the referral code to track how many eligible customers referred by the PS 107 community complete appointments by December 31, 2019. Con Edison will report the results to PS 107 and reward your school with check for $25 for each eligible referral that results in a completed appointment.
- Note that a reward will only be provided for referrals that result in a completed appointment by an eligible customer. Customers who have already participated in the program prior to this promotion will not be counted.
We are excited about the opportunity to engage students in this important energy efficiency program to benefit your school and advance our objective to reduce electric demand in your neighborhood. We would be also like to solicit feedback from students, staff and parents during this effort to assist the Neighborhood Program with engaging other grade schools in Brooklyn and Queens.
More information about the Neighborhood Program, including a map of the neighborhoods that are eligible for the program, is available at conEd.com/Neighborhood.
Consolidated Edison | Energy Efficiency and Demand Management