If you live in the PS 107 zone you are in City Council District 39 and can cast your vote now for a myriad of incredibly worthwhile projects all around the district. Voting is open NOW through April 14th.
Did you know that children as young as 11 years of age or 6th Grade can vote in participatory budgeting? Even if your child is not yet 11, you can teach them about the importance of participatory budgeting for the community by making this a family project. You can sit down together, look through the community projects and decide how everyone would like to cast their votes. Everyone who is 11 years old and older, can vote!
Some of the wonderful proposals on the ballot include:
- Bathroom renovations at PS 131
- MS 51 Dance floor refurbishment
- Prospect Park Children's Corner Improvements
- Create a Brooklyn Skate Garden in D39
- Renovate Hand Ball Courts at Greenwood Playground
- Redesign Prospect Park Drive
- Pop Up Programs to Transform our Streets
- Neighborhood Farm Stand + Women's Crafts Outlet
- More Trees for Kensington's Streets
- Mobile STEM + Art (STEAM) Family Projects
- Kensington Tenant Rights
- Teen Spaces at Two Libraries
- Community Garden Concerts
- 100K eco-friendly Diapers for Families in-need
This is the 10th year of Participatory Budgeting in District 39 which is a wonderful milestone to have reached. Please continue to support this program by casting your votes TODAY!!
If you have any questions you can reach out to Lara Lai in Councilmember Brad Lander's office at email@example.com