Dear PS 107 Family,
In order to help make our school a safe place this year for students to learn and staff to work, the PTA has made a bulk purchase of supplies for the classrooms including cleaning and sanitizing supplies, paper products, and other teaching supplies.
(In more sane years, these items- paper towels, hand sanitizer, wipes, soap, etc.- were part of the “Household Supplies” section of your EduKit package. This year, however, those items are not included on the supplies lists, with the EduKits sent to homes this year containing school supplies to be used exclusively by your individual students, and not shared in the classroom. )
That leaves the classrooms without the majority of the cleaning supplies it would normally have via EduKit, so we are now asking members of the community to contribute specifically for the cost of these items, with the amount of this purchase coming to $40 per student. So...
- Please consider contributing $40 per student in your household. If you cannot, please consider donating what you can afford.
- If you can, please consider contributing more. You will help cover the costs of those students whose families cannot donate that amount this year.
- If your family is participating in 100% remote learning, we ask to please consider contributing to help to keep our teachers, staff and students healthy.
- Please consider contributing so you can avoid having to haul that Costco brick of paper towels school in person.
- Most importantly, please consider contributing so you don’t have to receive this email again in 3 weeks!
The PS 107 PTA