On this Giving Tuesday, we want to offer some easy ways to donate time and money in support of our sister school, P.S. 169, and our neighbors in Sunset Park.
1. South Brooklyn Mutual Aid is leading a heroic effort in Sunset Park. The organization is essential to our partnership with P.S. 169. They donate food, clothing and basic supplies. And it’s easy to get involved!
- Make a financial donation here. A $40 donation buys a 4-person family food for a week.
- You can sign up for the volunteer list to sort food boxes and drive deliveries.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop offs of winter clothing, diapers (size 4/5/6), baby wipes, baby formula, and dry goods including rice, beans, flour/maseca, pasta
- Electronic devices including computers and tablets, fill out this form.
- If you have unused monthly mass transit cards to donate, fill out this form.
- Virtual! It’s getting cold and COVID is spiking, so if you cannot commit to in-person work, sign up to be a grocery coordinator! The next coordinator training is scheduled for 12/3 at 7:30pm. Sign up here.
2. Or, help purchase school supplies for P.S. 169. Most of the school's students are working remotely and do not have access to the supplies they would normally use in the classroom. You can donate in $25 increments to Edukit to help fund the students greatest needs.
3. And finally, each year P.S. 107 purchases holiday gifts for P.S. 169’s kindergarteners. Please make a $10 donation towards the gifts here.
Thank you for your generosity,
The Community Outreach Committee