DAILY HEALTH SCREENERS
Reminding everyone to pay close attention to the Daily Health Screener questions which the NYC DOE updated earlier this month. Particularly to question #1 (cut & pasted below):
1. Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever of 100.0 degrees F or greater, a cough, loss of taste or smell or shortness of breath that started in the past 10 days?
- No. Go to the next question.
- Yes, and I have received a negative result from a COVID-19 molecular test since the onset of symptoms AND have been fever-free for at least 24 hours without the use of medicine. Go to the next question.
- Yes, and I am not in the categories above. No further screening is needed. The individual may not enter the building.
A molecular test is a PCR test. Keep this in mind when you are figuring out when and how to send your child back to school after a fever or a new cough or other symptoms listed on the questionnaire.
The Daily Health Screener is attached to this Konstella post so you can read through in it's entirety.
SCHOOL VS AFTERSCHOOL PICKUPS - WHO NEEDS TO KNOW AND HOW?
School and Afterschool use different software systems . If you are registered for afterschool you must make sure that you are filling out the forms required by both School and Afterschool.
SCHOOL - DAILY DISMISSAL FORM ON OPEROO
- Go to OPEROO.COM and login
- Fill in Daily Dismissal Form
- Update to the routine must be noted on Daily Dismissal Form AND emailed to classroom teachers and parent coordinator
- Last minute pickup change - call or email parent coordinator
AFTERSCHOOL - PICKUP CONTACTS ON 6CRICKETS
You may need to add or delete pickup contacts from your child's profile. Here is how you would do it:
1. Once logged into your 6crickets account, click on your email icon at the top right corner of the page.
2. From the dropdown menu that appears, select "Edit students".
3. Click on the name of the child whose pickup contacts you would like to edit.
4. Click on the "Pickup Contacts" tab on the left side of the registration form, then click "Add New Contact". Or if you've added pickup contacts for other students on your profile, you can copy the pickup contacts to this student's profile.
THE RETURN OF HEAD LICE
Due to social distancing requirements while at school, we will not be having the Lady Bugs come to PS 107 this year for full school lice checks as we have done in the past.
Unfortunately, I have started to hear from some families that head lice is making a comeback so I encourage you to watch your child for the telltale signs of constant scratching of their head.
If lice or nits are found we recommend chemical free removal using a reputable lice comb like NISSKA, conditioner and baking soda. Instructions are attached to this Konstella post for those who need.
For professional, chemical free lice removal you can also reach out to the Lady Bugs by calling Ms Shayna Brown at 718.851.2844 or 347.581.9894.
HELP WITH TECHNOLOGY - WHO TO CONTACT FOR WHICH ISSUE?
KONSTELLA - The PTA can help you
email@example.com - Amanda Blackman
firstname.lastname@example.org - Delfina Simon
OPEROO - your Parent Coordinator
email@example.com - Pamela Rosenberg
NYCSA (schoolsaccount.nyc) - your Parent Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org - Pamela Rosenberg
STUDENT EMAIL PASSWORD RESET - your Classroom Teacher
Cannot access your child's DOE email to get into your google classroom? Contact your teacher for a password reset. If you don't know your child's email you can look it up in your NYCSA or email email@example.com with your child's first and last name.
EARLY DROP OFF
Those who have pre-registered with the school can drop off between 7:45am - 8:10am. Anyone arriving after 8:10am must lineup outside for 8:20am arrival.
Students do not eat breakfast in Early Drop off due to capacity issues in the cafeteria. If your child needs a breakfast, they can pick up a grab + go breakfast at 8:20am and eat in their classroom or the space designated by the classroom teacher.
We have space for a few more children for early drop off. If you need this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org