This is the last call for volunteers for the Brooklyn Half Marathon on Sunday, 4/23! We need some more participation in order to raise funds for the Community Outreach Committee and cheer on our amazing PS 107 Track Team coaches - Coach Mary, Coach Katie, Coach Jenn, and Coach Leslie!
Our group will be volunteering at Prospect Park in the finish area/family & friends area of the race on Sunday. Last year's event was a fun day of handing out water, nuun, fruit, and bagels to the race finishers, and we expect to play a similar role this year (alongside families from other Brooklyn schools)! Check-in will be at 105 Prospect Park Southwest (Windsor Terrace side of the park) and the Finish area is along Center Drive (see attached image).
Please sign up as soon as possible via Konstella: https://www.konstella.com/app/school/55d376b0e4b09f8eb94b3eeb/signups/64270e9e47fc98623ee1e0c1
A few tips/reminders:
- Come prepared for any weather.
- Wear closed-toed (/waterproof) shoes.
- Backpacks are subject to search.
- There is no bagcheck for volunteers; bags must be carried on your person at all times.
After signing up, we ask that all volunteers also sign up on the official NYCRUNS site as a volunteer. See instructions below (and attached is a how-to guide for signing up):
- Visit: https://nycruns.com/
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and input this volunteer password in the password field: Brooklyn2023PS107
- This will reload the page, and you will need to scroll down again to our section, labeled 'Group Volunteer, PS 107 Unlocked'
- Click on 'Volunteer' and this will require you to create an account with NYCRuns so that you can volunteer with the group.
- In order to register children as volunteers, you will need to create a child account affiliated with your parent account. Once that is complete, you can volunteer the child accounts using the same steps as above (note - you will have to start the volunteer registration process over again once creating the child account).
We will reach out to the volunteers with final instructions, details, meetup locations, etc. on Friday before the race! Thank you!!