What is the NYC School Survey and why is it important?
Every year, 3-K, pre-K and K-12 families and teachers (and students in grades 6-12) take the NYC School Survey.
The survey helps school administrators and pre-K program leaders understand what members of their school’s community think about the learning environment and the quality of education children are receiving. The information captured by the survey is designed to support a dialogue among all members of a school or program’s community about how to make the school a better place for learning.
The NYC School Survey consists of three separate survey instruments: The “parent/guardian survey”, the “teacher survey”, and the “student survey” (for students in grades 6 – 12 only). The parent/guardian survey can be filled out online or by paper. The teacher and student surveys are only available online.
The survey collects vital information about a school’s capacity to improve student achievement by measuring the extent to which each school incorporates the six essential elements—Rigorous Instruction, Supportive Environment, Collaborative Teachers, Effective School Leadership, Strong Family and Community Ties, and Trust—that drive school improvement and develop students to compete in the 21st century.
Some things to note:
- NEW THIS YEAR: Parents/guardians should complete a separate survey for each child enrolled at PS 107.
- Parents/guardians can take the survey online at NYCSchoolSurvey.org
- To access the survey, parents/guardian should enter the letter “f” (lowercase) followed by their student’s identification (OSIS) number which can be found on their report card, student ID card or NYCSA account (e.g. f123456789)
- The deadline to take the survey is March 25th, 2022
- The online survey is available in 10 NYCDOE supported languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, French, Haitian Creole, Korean, Russian, Spanish and Urdu.
- You can take the survey on your phone. You are also welcome to come to school to take the survey using one of our computers.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com