Dear PS 107 Community,
The Diversity Committee would like to wish our PS 107 community “Happy Pride Month!” We’re happy to celebrate the progress of trans, femme, and LGBTQIA individuals.
Starting on June 21st, students will be working with Ms. Julie on a PS 107 Rainbow Takeover. Ask your children about what they are doing in art class!
If you are looking for some ways to celebrate Pride with your family, here are some ideas.
- The Story of Harvey Milk and The Rainbow Flag and Stonewall: A Building. An Uprising. A Revolution both by Rob Sanders
- This Day in June by Gayle Pitman
- The Mitchells vs. the Machines, a film with a queer protagonist. Read more about Katie Mitchell
- Watch our city’s Pride Parade Sunday, June 27. You can catch it from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm on com and on ABC7 New York’s Connected TV Apps.
- Take a trip to Manhattan’s Greenwich Village and see the Stonewall Inn and the statues in Christopher Park. Or, venture to all five boroughs to visit important places in queer history.
- Check out some fun rainbow crafts to make with your family!
- Remind your children that not everyone identifies as male or female and that you can’t tell a person’s gender identity just by looking at them. You can model this behavior by asking for others’ pronouns and offering your own. (This is great not just for Pride Month but all year long!)
The PS 107 Diversity Committee