Thank you to everyone who joined us at last night’s PTA meeting and this morning’s mini-meeting. In case you missed it, here are some important notes:
- Due to the spring break holiday and NYS ELA testing, there will be no First Friday in April. Our next PTA meeting will be Thursday, April 26 (with a mini-meeting the following morning).
- The Auction Gala is April 20! We’re looking for ideas for an end-of-night “paddle drop” for a targeted project or bigger budget wish list item. For example, last year’s paddle drop resulted in the shiny new water fountain/bottle filler next to Officer Sharon’s desk. Send your ideas to email@example.com, and get your auction tickets at http://ps107.org/auction
- Time With Teacher raffle tickets are also on sale through April 20. Paper order forms can be returned to the main office or your child’s teacher with payment by cash, check made payable to PS 107 PTA, or Zelle to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our PTA is hosting a fundraiser on Saturday, April 28 at the Barnes & Noble store in Park Slope. Bring the kids for special storytime events and play activities, and volunteer an hour if you can! Stay tuned for a Konstella announcement with full details and signups.
- The library committee is pleased to bring two authors to PS107 in April. Graphic novelists Sara Varon and John Patrick Green will visit with K-2 students on April 11, on April 27 and 3-5 graders will meet with Catstronauts: Mission Moon author Drew Brockington.
- Due to declining enrollment projections, Ms. Eve anticipates that there will be classroom consolidation in at least one grade next year. As those projections and upcoming budget proposals are finalized, more information will be shared with parents. As always, your donations to the PTA help to ease those transitions and provide classroom support where it is needed the most. http://ps107.org/donate
Registration is underway for incoming Kindergarten students. Families who received a placement letter for PS107 and plan to send their child in the fall must call parent coordinator Pamela Rosenberg to schedule an appointment for registration.
- Parents are always welcome to share their questions or concerns with the School Leadership Team parent representatives at email@example.com. The 2017-18 Family Handbook has up-to-date answers to the most common parent questions, and is available on our website and in the files section of Konstella.
- Check out our new website design! http://ps107.org