Join us for a brief PTA Meeting followed by the PTA-sponsored Parent Workshop, Screentime Rx: Raising Healthy Balanced and Mindful Kids in the Digital Age with Julia Storm of ReConnect.
Julia will conduct two workshops during the school day: one for 4th graders and one for 5th graders. Then she will present to parents in the evening from 7 - 8:30pm after a brief PTA meeting. Pizza and childcare will be available for children during the evening presentation.
She will be presenting the following topics to the students:
- Online Safety
- Protecting Privacy
- Digital Footprint/pause and THINK before you post
- Digital Drama
- Creating a healthy balanced online/offline balance
In the evening, Julia will review topics with parents including:
- Impact of device use on developing brain
- Screen time management
- Finding age-appropriate content
- Helping develop healthy device use habits
- Online safety tips
- Healthy video game use
- Becoming a digital role model
- Social media pros/cons
We hope you can attend the evening workshop and will talk with your children about what they learned during the day.
You can learn more about Julia Storm and ReConnect here: https://www.reconnect-