Thu, Mar 24 6:38pm
Thanks so much to those of you who joined us for yesterday's presentation, Parenting in a Digital Age. If you weren't able to make it — fear not! — below you will find the slides and links that were shared in the chat. We'd love to make this an ongoing conversation — it is certainly a challenging time to be a parent.
- Presentation slides.
- Links shared in the chat:
- Common Sense research reports (including about YouTube, privacy of streaming devices, and much much more)
- newest Common Sense research report: The Common Sense Census: Media Use by Tweens and Teens
- Family Media agreement (available in English + Spanish)
- Family Screen Time Planner - ideal for preK - 3rd graders (available in English + Spanish)
- Tech Balance - free text-based tips (English + Spanish)
- Apps That Can Bring Families Together
- Turning Red movie review - you can find reviews on all movies, TV shows, video games, websites, and books at www.commonsensemedia.org
- Ultimate Guides - everything you need to know about a range of tools, eg: Minecraft, Roblox, TikTok, and much much more
- Go-to link for everything related to YouTube -there are also sorts of great questions - with answers!
- A List of YouTube Series that Common Sense reviewed
- Best of TV and Movie lists + Common Sense Selections - age-appropriate movies, TV series and specials, and games that have the potential to spark family conversations, entertain families of all kinds, and have a positive, lasting effect on society
- Ultimate Guide to Parental Controls