Dear PS107 Families,
Every day, PS107’s teachers, staff, and administration bring their very best to our school and to our children, and our role as the PTA is to bring our best to them. Every year, parents like you continue to add their creativity, enthusiasm, and commitment to our community. Today, we are asking all of our community to help by contributing to the PS107 Annual Fund.
It’s no mystery that PS107 is a very special place. My family came to this neighborhood when my daughter was in the 1st grade. I still remember attending an orientation event at which Ms. Eve said, “I will get to know all of your children very well by the time they are in the 5th grade.” I remember feeling instantly comforted by that notion and relieved that my child would have a safe place to learn and grow for the next few years. And you know, Ms. Eve was right, as per usual!
Your tax-deductible donations will contribute towards the nearly $400,000 the PTA provides to the school yearly. Here are some of the things we have been able to pay for thanks to your generosity:
- Part-time and substitute teachers, freeing classroom teachers for professional development and collaborative lesson planning;
- Arts residencies with Together in Dance, Alvin Ailey, Martha Graham, Dancing Classrooms, Creative Stages, and the Brooklyn Museum;
- Academic enrichment in math, science, technology, language arts, and social studies, including educational field trips, workshops with Story Pirates, Dreambox, and more;
- Diversity and tolerance programs that promote empathy and respect;
- Swimming instruction for 2nd Grade students at the YMCA;
- Our citywide championship track team;
- The award-winning hands-on Sunshine Garden; and
- More than $100,000 to the school’s general budget to cover DOE shortfalls.
Raising this money is our chance to lift our small community up and to give everyone at PS107 access to success, wonder, and exploration—not just for our students, but for our teachers as well. It is with your contributions that together, we can accomplish great things for our children, for our school, and for our community.
I like to think of it like this: The DOE supplies the bricks, but we supply the mortar. Join us in being what keeps PS107 strong and beautiful! Our goal is 100% participation, and every dollar counts. Please consider giving as generously as you can:
- If you have not given before: Now is your chance! It’ll be fun! Really! Our goal is to have all families contributing to the Annual Fund. Our school is at its absolute best when we are ALL invested. You can even choose to divide your gift into monthly payments.
- Give at the suggested donation level of $450 per child ($45/month). When combined with the numerous PTA fundraising efforts throughout the school year, this amount is equivalent to the actual cost of $875 that the PTA spends each year per student.
- If you gave the suggested amount last year, please consider taking your donation to the next-highest level, $875. Or at least consider raising your donation from last year by $107 per child. We just love that number!
- If you are able to give very generously: We are again offering a PS107 MultiPass Membership. A donation of at least $1250 for your first child and $875 per subsequent child will get you and your family free entry to every PS107 event all year—from the Fall Festival to the Spring Auction Gala and everything in between.
Please also remember to ask your employer about corporate matching for charitable contributions, as well as donations for special fundraising events. The PS107 PTA is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization (#20-2333293) and donations are fully tax-deductible. Please visit www.ps107.org/donate to give online, or drop off a check made payable to PS107 PTA in the PTA mailbox in the school office.
Thank you kindly for your time and consideration.
Jenara Prieto, VP of Development, and
The PTA Executive Board
PS107 PTA Mission Statement
The PS 107 PTA maintains a partnership with the school in order to foster a close-knit community of students, teachers, and families. The PTA works to support the educational goals of PS 107: to develop responsible, independent and enthusiastic thinkers who enjoy the process of learning and have a genuine respect for diversity. We want every family to have a voice, and to feel that the unique talents of their children are supported and fostered.