Squeeze pouches, toothpaste tubes, and hairdryers... OH MY!
Remember to collect such items at home and bring to school for $$$ on May 24-25!
A big money-making, earth-loving Green Committee initiative this month is collecting select items to be sent to TerraCycle, a program that recycles hard-to-recycle packaging and other items. Schools can earn $50 for every 5 packages received, plus roughly $1 for every pound.
We urge families to gather the items (listed below) at home this month, empty/rinse (NOTHING DRIPPING), and then have the students bring them to school on Wednesday, May 24, and Thursday, May 25.
The student Green Team will then assist with sorting & packaging.
Let's see how much we can keep out of the garbage / wish-cycling... Get your extended family & neighbors in on the collection too!
BEAUTY & PERSONAL CARE:
- ALL BRANDS - Mouthwash bottles & caps, toothbrushes, deodorant containers & caps, bar soap packaging, floss containers, and toothpaste tubes and caps.
- Pantene, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences hair care packaging
- Burt's Bees personal care, lip care, and beauty care packaging
- eos - Lip, lotion, and shave cream packaging
- ALL BRANDS - Electric hair tools & appliances: hairdryers, curling/straightening irons (working or not)
- Tide, Gain, Downy, Bounce, NBD. & Dreft fabric care packaging (bottles/jugs/caps/plastic pouches)
- Arm & Hammer and OxiClean plastic zip pouches (NOT bottles/jugs, only plastic pouches)
- ALL BRANDS squeezable snack plastic pouches and caps. (caps screwed on tight, please)
- Dunkin’® flexible coffee bags
Reach out to Spring Hofeldt with any questions!