As many of you may have heard, there are another 1,000 new asylum seekers scheduled to arrive and be given shelter in Red Hook at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Red Hook Mutual Aid has put out an urgent call for old phones (and chargers) and men's gear to support folks relocated to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal.
- men’s sweats
- men’s underwear
- men’s undershirts
- men’s coats
- men’s sweatpants
- men’s hoodies
- men’s hats gloves scarves
Ongoing CHiPS support
We are extremely appreciative of the Wednesday food donations for CHiPS! We plan to continue this effort weekly, and have a few reminders below. Additionally, CHiPS is accepting new and very gently used winter clothing for toddlers and teens, and we will collect any youth winter gear donations at drop off next Wednesday 2/8 along with the food donations.
As a reminder, please label all sandwiches! Accepted food donations include:
- Sandwiches - all kinds (PBJ, ham/cheese, turkey/cheese)
- Fresh fruit (Oranges/Bananas ; NO apples please)
- Juice boxes
- Water bottles
- Individually wrapped snacks/baked goods (pre-packaged or portioned out into baggies)
- 1-2 person portions of pasta salad, beans and rice, etc.
- Microwaveable meals
- Bulk sizes of bread, ground coffee, sugar, eggs, boxes of sandwich baggies, to-go plastic containers.
*Note: While we encourage environmentally-friendly practices and use of paper bags, CHiPs has a preference for plastic ziplock bags; however, the key is making sure that sandwich bags are tightly sealed and labeled (foil is not ideal as it may cause food to spoil faster).
Please continue to consider direct donations/support at chipsonline.org/donate. You can also find a list of specific needs for the CHiPS Soup Kitchen on this Amazon wish list. See CHiPS' Instagram account for real-time updates and ongoing needs: