REMOTE LEARNING SURVEY (DUE BY MAY 1st)
Learning at home has created an entirely new approach to education, and we want to hear how it has been working for you and your family. We are asking you to take a short survey to help us collect feedback about your experience with remote learning. The survey is:
- Available in all DOE languages
- Anonymous for all respondents
- The same for all boroughs (survey is divided by borough to make it easier for you to identify your school name)
The results of the survey will help schools to continue to support families and students in the current learning environment.
Visit the REMOTE LEARNING SURVEY link and click on the Brooklyn button to get started.
Who should take the Remote Learning Survey?
All students in grades 6-12 and parents/guardians of students in grades 3-K through 12 are invited to participate in this anonymous online survey.
How many surveys should be completed in households where there are sets of siblings in the same school?
Families that have more than one child attending a school should complete the survey on behalf of their eldest child. Families should complete only one survey per school per household.
How will survey results be used?
Each school will receive a report that summarizes family and student responses to the survey. Survey results are intended help schools understand student and family needs and to plan improvements to remote learning over the coming weeks.
How can parent/guardians and students take the survey if they do not have a computer, smart phone or tablet?
Any parent/guardian or student who does not have the ability to complete the survey online can call 311 and an operator will connect them to support to complete the survey by phone.
NEW YORK SCHOOL SURVEY 2020 (DUE BY JUNE 26th)
Every year, all parents, teachers, students in grades 6-12 and select school support staff take the NYC School Survey. The survey helps school leaders understand what key members of their school community think about the learning environment at their school. The information captured by the survey is designed to support a dialogue among all members of the school community about how to make the school a better place to learn.
The Department of Education is still asking families to fill out the regular NYC School Survey which is specific to PS 107. They have now extended the deadline to June 26. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill the ice cream party but we are hoping that everyone will fill out the survey nonetheless.
How can I fill out the survey?
1. Fill out the survey online using the access code that was sent home in the bright green envelope:
1a. If you've lost your access code you can call 1-877-819-2363 to get a new one
2. Fill out the paper survey and return to the DOE in the SASE provided via USPS
* The NYC School Survey is an important way for the administration to receive anonymous feedback from our families. Click on the link below to visit the School Quality Guide to read the results of last year's survey by doing a search for PS 107 John W Kimball.
* All families need to fill out one survey per program. If you have more than one child at PS 107, you only need to fill out the survey once.
* You do not need to let me know you have filled out the survey.
Any Q's about the NYC School Survey or the Remote Learning Survey? - get in touch with me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org