Congratulations PS107 for another successful Fall Festival! The gross income from our festival was over $26,000!
Despite a rainy forecast the weather cooperated and families enjoyed bouncing, face painting, donut chomping, miniature golf & corn hole on the lawn, taking pictures in our amazing PS107 Fall Festival photo booth, making slime, playing Battle Lab, playing archery, watching Liam's magic show, painting mini-pumpkins, playing Human Foosball, tasting 14 different kinds of chili, enjoying 15 different flavors of pie, tossing pies, eating popcorn & cotton candy, and savoring more than 39 different donated desserts!
A fundraiser like this is impossible to pull off without generous support from our school and neighborhood community. A HUGE THANK YOU to all who attended the festival and all who volunteered their time to help make our annual festival a success!! We had over 350 VOLUNTEERS who came out to help with setup, cleanup, and everything in between.
Thank you to the entire PTA Board for your support: Leigh Smith, Jenara Prieto, Angela Kurzawa, Kate Gitnick, Rebecca Calvani, Ellen Jan, David Kausch, Bobby Markowitz, Deepika Sankaran, Cathy Campbell, Stephanie Hochman, and Brandie Krulik.
A very special thank you to:
- Bobby Markowitz for working tirelessly to secure our generous sponsors and bringing new energy to our festival with some new inflatables including Human Foosball!
- Lesley Cobb-Oseep who also dedicated countless hours to secure sponsors.
- Ms. Eve, Ms. Pascale, Ms. Sharon, Mr. Brian, Ms. Sandy, Ms. Julie, and Coach Mary for being the best of sports and allowing us to throw pies at them!!
- Our MC, Omar Beer, who kept us entertained while managing all the stage activity.
- All the amazing parent "Grill Masters" who made over 250 burgers and 280 hotdogs.
- Our hard-working custodian Santi and his crew for doing an incredible job helping with setup and cleanup.
- Gersh Kuntzman and all 14 chili contestants for a very successful Chili contest. Congratulations to Alice Krieg and family, winners of the 2017 Fall Festival Chili Contest! 2nd Place honors went to Denny Galindo, and Erica Jensen and Andrew Hughes tied for 3rd place.
- Julie Rosenberg, Heather Miller, and all 15 pie bakers for a very successful pie contest. Congratulations to all three 2017 Fall Festival Pie Contest Winners: 1st Place - Meredith Gary, 2nd Place - Linda Giordano, 3rd Place - Biba Milioto!
- Arts Committee, Beast Relief, Outreach Committee, Green & Healthy Committee, and Math & Science Committee who hosted engaging, creative, and socially conscious activities for our children.
- Grace Lerner who designed, printed, and delivered gorgeous signage and maps.
- Stephen Kitts who made the beautiful PS107 Fall Festival photo booth stand and corn hole boxes. You were instrumental in getting the lawn area set up and looking amazing!
- Gillian Kutches, Laurence Krulik, Melissa Hetherington, Alice Mackenzie, Lesley Oseep and Liz Nayden for running out early Saturday morning to collect local donations.
- Liz Nayden, Leigh Smith, Carolina Carvalho-Cross, Emily Marshall, Roey Kuc, and Miri Breskin for gently and effectively reminding those parked on 14th Street that it was a No Parking Zone during the Fall Festival.
- The dedicated 5th graders and their families who ran the Charity Lemonade Stand.
- The wonderful residents of 14th Street for sharing their block with us for the day.
- The 37+ alumni volunteers for coming back to give back to PS 107.
- All the PS107 faculty and staff who attended the festival.
- Our amazing sponsors: PM Pediatrics, JCC Brooklyn, David's Tea, Park Slope United, Brooklyn Game Lab, Brooklyn Microgrid, Brooklyn Music Factory, Union Market, Johnny Mack's, Slope Cellars, 7th Avenue Donuts, LaBagel Delight, and Terrace Bagels.
It was an incredible day! We hope you and your families enjoyed it!
-The PTA Fall Festival Committee
Michelle Foster & Krystal Holm