Happy New Year!!
Hoping everyone is enjoying the holiday break and we wish the best for our community and beyond in 2021. A few reminders to help us transition back to school next week:
School is closed and staff are on much needed holiday break. We know that some families may have had exposure to COVID in one way or another and have questions about how to proceed. Your emails will be read and responded to on Monday, January 4 when school opens.
If there is any question about exposure do not send your child to school on Monday. Please wait until the NYC DOE has the opportunity to assess your particular set of circumstances. These are not decisions made by the school so we ask for your patience while we ask and receive answers/instructions for each affected family.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE TRAVELLED OUT OF STATE
If you have travelled out of state you must adhere to the NY State Travel Guidelines which can be found here. They are updated with new changes from last week so please read thoroughly:
The rules apply to anyone who has travelled out of state no matter the age. If you have questions pertaining to these regulations please contact NY State directly as follows:
Via direct message - https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/form/ask-us-a-question
Via phone - 1-888-364-3065
WHAT DAY IS IT - A OR B COHORT?
Monday, January 4 is an A Cohort day. You can always see whether it's an A or B Monday by looking at the calendar on Konstella.
SOCIAL DISTANCE AT ARRIVALS AND DISMISSALS
Winter has only just begun so reminders to KEEP A SAFE DISTANCE from other families when arriving to school.
- Do not crowd around the gate
- Line up along the fence near your child's entrance with space between each family
- Make sure your child is holding his or her belongings (backpack, lunchbox, etc)
- Have your Operoo health certification green check ready to go by opening the email receipt in your inbox before you leave your home
- Wait until the family before you has stepped away before approaching school staff with your child and your phone.
Thank you for your cooperation and support in keeping everyone safe. We look forward to seeing you in school or online soon!