The Trials and Triumphs of Building an Anti-Racist Integrated School:
WHEN: Thursday, November 15th, 2018 6:30 PM
WHERE: John Jay Campus Auditorium, 237 7th Avenue Brooklyn
In 2012 Park Slope Collegiate seized the opportunity to take a stand against the racist structures that perpetuate school segregation in New York City. Over the past six years we have been actively developing a school community that is integrating across race/ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and past academic performance.
Please join the Parents, Teachers, and Students of Park Slope Collegiate as we share our experiences and struggles creating a community that:
• Implements a rigorous curriculum without tracking based on academic performance
• Is committed to a staff that reflects the diversity of our school and New York City
• Fights for resource equity, including equitable distribution of PSAL sports teams
• Is committed to restorative justice practices
• Takes a united stand against racism
See flyer attached for more details.