(see your Konstella calendar for more details)
tue 14th spring photo day
guest speaker: the talk: sex ed 2.0
wed 15th math magic!
thu 16th thursday morning track run
Spring Photo Day is TUESDAY!
Spring Photo Day is TUESDAY! Some facts about the day:
- We still need volunteers to help keep the process running smoothly. You can volunteer when your child is getting their photos taken, so check to see when your child's class is coming and sign up to help!
- If you want to take sibling photos, please arrive before school starting at 7:45
- Students will be photographed individually, no class photos in Spring
- Photos will be available online for purchase, no upfront obligation.
- Candid photos taken in three ways: full frame, 3/4 and up close; intended to be fun!
PS 107 Speaker Series: The Talk: Sex Ed 2.0
Join us Tuesday night at 6:30 pm for The Talk: Sex Ed 2.0, How To Talk To Your Kids About Sex, the latest in our PS 107 Speaker Series.
Rachel Lotus is a seasoned sex educator who's mission is to have youth and their families talk openly and comfortably about bodies, sexuality, gender and relationships through a thoughtfully designed progressive curriculum.
The workshop is designed for parents of kids of all ages.
Pizza and childcare will be provided.
- PTA Board members are required to attend monthly board meetings (2nd or 3rd Wednesday 8:30-10:30 am) and monthly general PTA meetings (3rd Thursday at 6:30 and 3rd Friday at 8:30). SLT members are required to attend monthly SLT meetings, 2nd or 3rd Wednesday from 2:50-4:30 in the afternoon. PDF of Board positions attached.
- The SLT (school leadership team) is a school steering committee that identifies and discusses issues such as curriculum, school procedures and policies, and future growth. It comprises the principal, the PTA president, a UFT representative, elected parents and teachers. The SLT meets monthly in working sessions that are open for observation. The SLT also oversees the Parent Involvement Committees that concentrate on curriculum enhancement: Afterschool, Arts, Book Club, Library, Math, Science and Technology, and Social Studies. These committees are open to all parents/guardians.