Become a class parent for the upcoming school year! The PTA Executive Board will assign one class parent for each classroom—this position is first come, first served. Before responding to email@example.com with your request, please fully read the role and responsibilities below on being a class parent.
Class Parent Role and Responsibilities
The role of the class parent is to support and build a community within the classroom as well as serve as a communication liaison between the classroom families, the classroom teacher(s), and the PTA. Class parents should make every family at PS107 feel connected to their class and school community.
Class parents are required to communicate with the class via Konstella for all announcements, sign-ups and date reminders as well as:
- Assist with classroom events
- Publicize and assist with grade specific projects, events, and trips
- Support the Auction by creating a class project
- Solicit volunteers for both classroom and school-wide events
- Support First Friday Activities and be available to make announcements on behalf of the PTA. (If you cannot attend a First Friday, assign someone to make the announcement on your behalf).
- Attend PTA meetings to keep informed on school/grade/class happenings so that you can relay the information to class families.
Class parents should plan to attend a brief orientation session in the cafeteria on Tuesday, September 12 at 8:30am. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!