Following the conclusion of our 2017-18 Direct Appeal on Wednesday (1/31), we have counted the donations and confirmed the campaign was successful!
We collected $176,310 -- exceeding our $168,00 goal!
The Direct Appeal anchors the PTA’s $310,000 budget this year and ensures the sustainability of resources that help create an outstanding education at PS 58 for our children.
All this was made possible by you -- your generous donations, your proactive corporate matching, your enthusiastic outreach to family and friends. We thank you for your support of our school and our children. We do more and better for them by working together!
We also thank the many administrators, staff, teachers and parents who have dedicated time and contributed talents behind the scenes over the past six months to create this campaign. In particular, we thank…
- Our brilliant Teachers who took time out of their busy days to share inspiring stories for our video series about the impact of PTA funding,
- Cynthia Blackwell
- Dan Lupkin
- Elizabeth Cummings
- Elizabeth Valle
- Emily Berger
- Ivelisses Molina
- Katie Lapham
- Katie Wheeler
- Louise Connolly
- Michele Jabs
- Shenandoah Ferreira
- Stephen Cedermark (Mr C)
- Office Administrators Tina Nyffler, Barbara Kadoch & Francine Laudisio for providing all kinds of support every day and sharing wisdom from decades of experience,
- Parent Coordinator Joan Bredthauer for orchestrating our school-wide communication,
- Lower Grades Music Teacher Mr C for including our campaign video in the holiday concert,
- Parent Maria Rambo for creating our campaign branding, as well as all our brochure, banners and announcements,
- Parents Richard Numeroff & Paul Kaup for shooting and editing our six informative campaign videos,
- Parent Seraphine Brenac, Language Workshop Teacher Greer Patterson & Assistant Principal Annique Leman who translated announcements for our Francophone families,
- Parent Michael O’Connor for printing our brochure and banners,
- Parent Amanda Field for taking photographs of our children for use in our videos, and
- Principal Katie Dello Stritto for her terrific leadership, unflagging support -- and fearless video narration!
We plan in the coming months to solicit your feedback on the campaign and determine together how we can improve next year. In the meantime, we invite you to contact us at email@example.com with any questions, concerns or suggestions.