Expanded list of Essential Workers eligible to enroll a child in a Regional Enrichment Center
Thu, Apr 2 10:50am

If you are employed in any of these occupations or fields, you are considered an Essential Worker and your child is eligible to enroll in a Regional Enrichment Center while school is closed.


To find more information about Regional Enrichment Centers, or to enroll your child, visit the Department of Education Regional Enrichment Center webpage.


  • 1199 members (Health Care Workers and Child Care Fund)
  • 311 Call Center Essential Staff
  • ACS Frontline/Investigators
  • CWA
  • DC37 Members
  • DCA (Department of Consumer Affairs)
  • DEP Essential Staff (Department of Environmental Protection)
  • DHS, DYCD & HRA Shelter Staff & Contracted Staff
  • DOB Inspectors
  • DOC Essential Staff (Department of Corrections)
  • Doctor's Council Members (doctors across NYC)
  • DOE Regional Enrichment Center & Feeding Site Staff (e.g. subs, DOE Staff, CBO staff).
  • DOHMH Essential Staff (Department of Health and Mental Hygiene)
  • FDNY
  • Ferry Staff (NYC and Staten Island)
  • GNYHA employees of all kinds
  • Grocery Staff
  • HANYS members (Healthcare Association of New York State)
  • HHC employees of all kinds
  • NYCHA Essential Staff
  • NYPD
  • NYSNA member (New York State Nurses Association)
  • OCME (Office of Chief Medical Examiner)
  • OEM (Office of Emergency Management)
  • Parks Essential Staff
  • Pharmacy Staff
  • Probation Essential Staff
  • Sanitation Essential Staff
  • UFT Nurses
  • Utility Workers
  • Other Healthcare Essential Staff