We can do this. We can continue to support the outstanding education happening here at PS 58.
But we can only do it together. From enriching the curriculum through programs like chess and the Met opera to providing vital resources for our library and STEM programs, building community and empowering our teachers—none of it would be possible without your generous contributions.
We ask our children to try their best every day—let’s show up to provide the essential resources that help make that possible. For them, we can do this.
HOW MUCH ARE WE RAISING?
Our goal for the PS 58 We Can Do This! direct appeal campaign is $237,000.
The PS 58 Auction and Read-A-Thon in the spring, plus smaller events throughout the year, will help us raise the additional funds for our $543,000 2019-2020 budget.
WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?
Our PTA will spend approximately $500,000, or $650 per family each year.
- 31% goes to Enriching Curriculum
- 31% goes to Empowering Teachers
- 10% goes to Building Community
- 19% goes to Field Trips
- 9% goes to Providing Vital Resources
HOW MUCH SHOULD I GIVE?
On average, we ask for $550 per family now, or $65 a month for the rest of the school year.
This year we have streamlined the process to make it as simple as possible. We are rolling individual field trip payments into this appeal and eliminating the old system of "backpack cash" for each trip. One click. Give what you can. How you can.
Give more if you can—and sponsor other families. Give less if you can’t—and contribute in other ways. We know families have different abilities to give at different times and are grateful for all contributions.
HOW CAN I GIVE?
- BY CREDIT CARD: Visit ps58brooklyn.com, which will lead you to our donation page on Konstella. You can opt for a one-time payment or a recurring monthly payment.
- BY CHECK: Make payable to “PS58 PTA” and bring to the office or your classroom teacher.
- CORPORATE MATCHING: Do you or a family member work for a company that matches charitable donations?
- EXTENDED NETWORK: Reach out to friends and family to let them know how they can be an important supporter of your child’s education.
*PS58 PTA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are fully tax deductible and a donation receipt can be provided.
For more information: DIRECT APPEAL 2019-2020 | PS 58 Brooklyn – The Carroll School