Help set PTA priorities and budget for next year!
Our PTA is beginning to develop its budget for the coming 2019-20 school year, and all teachers and parents are encouraged to participate.
As you probably know, our PTA raised and spent more than $300,000 this year to help our teachers create an outstanding education for our kids through vital resources like our Library and Garden, special programs like Orchestra and Technology, and In Class Programming like Chess and Ballroom Dance.
A PTA Budget Committee, chaired by one our Treasurers (Mo Frechette) and comprised of Board members, will review this past year and develop next year’s budget - and welcomes you to get involved at any step in this process:
- PTA General Meeting (May 29th) - review and discuss first draft
- Budget Working Session (date tbd) - incorporate feedback from General Meeting
- Community Survey - gather feedback on fundraising and programming
- Teacher Feedback Session - assess teacher needs for coming school year
- Budget Working Session (date tbd) - incorporate feedback from Survey
- PTA General Meeting (June 19) - vote for first approval
Our vote for final approval for the budget will take place in the fall of 2019. If you have any questions or feedback or cannot attend these meetings please contact Adam Baruchowitz (email@example.com), Linnea Olson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mo Frechette (email@example.com).
If your child is enrolled at PS 58, you are automatically a Parent Teacher Association member! Attending PTA meetings is one of the fundamental ways to stay informed about school issues. Childcare is available.
WHY COME TO A PTA MEETING?
- Connect with other parents.
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events at school.
- Have a voice in the activities and programs the PTA supports
- Learn how the students and teachers of PS58 benefit from the work of the PTA
- Volunteer your time, at school or at home, to make a difference in our school community.
CAN'T MAKE IT?
You can find all past PTA minutes on our website:
If you are unable to attend but would like more information or stay involved, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Alison Khalaf at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our web page at http://www.ps58brooklyn.org/parent-involvement/pta/