Dear Friends and Families of District 15,
Please join us on Tuesday night at 6:30 pm for our monthly Business Meeting which will be held at the D15 District Office Building, 131 Livingston Street, Room 610.
We have a special guest, Ms. Halley Potter, who is a senior fellow at The Century Foundation, where she researches public policy solutions for addressing educational inequality. Ms. Potter is coming to speak about the benefits of a School-wide Enrichment Model. Learn with us as we explore ways to advance equity in our D15 schools with this "gifted education for all" approach that was developed by University of Connecticut professors Joseph Renzulli and Sally Reis.
In addition, CEC15 will be discussing goals for this new school year as well as choosing schools to liaise with.
CEC15 invites all members of the D15 school community to attend these meetings and encourages you to bring a friend or two. Join us in conversations that make D15 stronger together.
Hope to see you Tuesday!
SEPT 10 AGENDA
- Call to Order and Roll Call
- Approval of Minutes from August 5 and August 13
- Election of CEC15 Parliamentarian
- President’s Report - Camille Casaretti, CEC15 President
- Discussion of CEC15 Goals
- Selection of School Liaisons
- Guest Speaker: Halley Potter, Senior Fellow at The Century Foundation
Discussion on Schoolwide Enrichment Model
- Old Business
- New Business
Save the Dates for these Upcoming Meetings
- Sept 17, Red Hook Community Meeting 6 p.m. at P.S. 15
- Sept 24, CEC15 Calendar Meeting 6:30 p.m. at P.S. 32 - 317 Hoyt Street, Union St entrance
- Sept 26, Mind Science Workshop and Implicit Bias Awareness 6 - 8 p.m., Location to be determined
- Oct 7, CEC 15 Business Meeting 6:30 p.m., Location to be determined
COMMUNITY EDUCATION COUNCIL DISTRICT 15
(P)718-935-4267 I E-mail: email@example.com
131 Livingston Street, Room 301, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Council Members: Camille Casaretti (President), Mark Bisard (Co-Vice President 1), Antonia Ferraro (Co-Vice President 2), Francisca Montaña (Secretary and BP Appointee), Kimmerly Scott (Treasurer), Bess Abrahams, Krystal Cason, Anna Nadal Burgues, Kathy Park Price, Scott Powell