Hi PS58 Families!
We have put together a small enrichment program that will take place outdoors at PS58. We have two in-person classes each day. Generally we have one class for K - 2 and one class for 3 - 5. A few classes are for all grades. The classes will begin next Monday, September 21 and run through Friday, October 30 for between four and six sessions. The classes run from 2pm until 3:15pm. Pick up will be in the school yard. This program is open to PS58 students enrolled in either the hybrid or remote options.
We are also offering a daily online group piano class. Mondays and Tuesdays are for Grades K & 1. Wednesdays through Fridays are for Grades 3 to 5. Classes have a maximum of four students and need a minimum of three to run.
A few policy details:
- We will be practicing social distancing, and masks will be worn the entire class.
- We will make every effort to run a class but if the weather is too bad, we may need to cancel. We will let you know as soon as possible and will issue a refund.
- Classes must reach a minimum of six students to run so please be sure to sign up as soon as possible so we will know if enough students are interested. If a class does not reach six students, refunds will be issued to any enrolled students.
- In the event that schools close due to high positivity rates, classes, when possible, will move online. If a class is not able to move online, a prorated refund for cancelled classes will be issued. If a class is able to move online, no refunds will be available (we must support our vendors!).
- Children in the remote program will meet Carroll Kids in the school yard before 2:15pm.
- You must purchase an annual membership to Carroll Kids for your family. This covers all Carroll Kids activities including aftercare, daytime enrichment and afterschool enrichment classes. This helps us cover the cost of our registration platform Sawyer.
If you have any questions, please let me know!
Link to registration: https://www.ps58brooklyn.org/afterschool/registration/