PS 58 is temporarily closed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still produce podcasts!
For April’s edition of The Carroll Companion, I’d like to interview a few parents/families to discuss what’s worked well for them (and what hasn’t!) during this hiatus.
- Are you working straight through or taking lots of breaks?
- How do you handle two kids at different ages?
- What resources from your teachers at PS 58 are you using? What do you wish there was more of? What outside resources do you love the most?
- What are you doing to keep from going berserk when you're not "in school"?
Pass along your tips
If you are interested in sharing some advice, you can participate in one of two ways:
- Interview. You and I will schedule a 10-15 minute Zoom interview (with or without your kids) to discuss your routine. I'll record the interview and excerpt parts of it (audio only, no video) for the podcast. If this interests you, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with "Interview" in the subject line; or
- Share one tip. If you don’t want to do a full interview, you can also just use a voice memo app to record one favorite tip that has worked for you, and email it to me at email@example.com with "One tip" in the subject line.
Thorny problems for which you'd love to find a solution
If you've been struggling with some overall challenge during this time, and/or you have a specific home-schooling question or detail that you’ve been trying to solve (e.g., “How can I give my older kid space to study when my toddler wants to follow him around all the time?"), email it to me by this coming Saturday afternoon. When I conduct the interviews, I’ll ask parents if they’ve faced this issue and see what they’ve done to work around it.
So, to recap:
Contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to do an interview, put "Interview" in the subject line and I will contact you to set up a Zoom appointment.
If you want to share one tip, send a voice memo file with "One tip" in the subject line.
If you have a question, email it to me with "Question" in the subject line.
Look forward to hearing from you all, and I hope you’re staying safe!
Producer, The Carroll Companion—A PS 58 Podcast