|PTA’S REFLECTIONS ART PROGRAM BRINGS ART TO LIFE ACROSS THE NATION|
REFLECTIONS: IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ARTS
That’s the theme for the 2017-2018 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. Pleasant Valley Elementary School families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
• Unleash creative talents and be inspired
• Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
• Experience the fun and joy of making art
• Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
• Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
All students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
• Film production
• Music composition
• Visual arts.
Artworks are submitted first to PV where they are recognized, celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions. Then a selection of entries will be sent to the district for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by the district are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging.
Pleasant Valley Participants will receive:
• A commemorative participation ribbon or certificate
• A Special Reflections Celebration, honoring student participation
• Receive a Raffle Ticket for the opportunity to win a prize
Please review the official rules, download your entry form and let your child’s creativity soar like an Eagle.
Please contact Reflections Chair, Tara-Caprice Broadwater at email@example.com with any additional questions.