*Date Correction* for Volunteers! (Apologies for confusion) Please consider helping , we still need talent show volunteers - kindly sign-up below. We broke up the responsibilities to 1 day at a time.
Talent Show Participation Sign-up deadline is today, Friday 4/8.
Thanks to Mrs. Crocombe and your generous donations that support full time AMP teachers, (Art, Music, PE) Ralston is able to present the memorable “Ralston’s Got Talent!” Talent show on Wednesday, May 11th at 5:30pm. We invite you to join us to participate and volunteer!
- Deadline To Participate: Today, Friday, April 8th. (Complete Google Form by deadline!)
- Auditions: Tuesday, April 12th @ 3:30
- Dress Rehearsal: Tuesday, May 10th @ 3:30
- Ralston's Got Talent Production: Wednesday, May 11th @ 5:30
- 4 Volunteers are needed April 10th, 11th and 12th to help schedule coordinate and assist Mrs. Crocombe. (sign-up below)
IMPORTANT TIMELY INFO & LINK TO PERMISSION FORM:
Those interested in performing an act in the Talent Show must READ THE FOLLOWING RULES AND PROCEDURES along with their parents, fill out the Google forms here: and have a parent sign the permission slip. Students may not audition without having this Google form completed:
The AUDITIONS will be held after school on Tuesday, April 12th in the music room. Audition sign-up sheets will go up the week of April 4th in the front lobby. Acts must be nearly performance ready at auditions. The DRESS REHEARSAL for the show will be held after school on Tuesday, May 10th. All students performing in the show MUST attend this rehearsal.
- A variety of acts are encouraged—singing, playing a musical instrument, dancing, performing in a skit, doing magic tricks, performing stand-up comedy, juggling, gymnastics, or any other unique talent!
- All performers must be Ralston Elementary students. An exception is allowed for one adult performing an accompanying role (e.g. playing piano for a vocal act).
- 3. All acts must be NO LONGER THAN 2 MINUTES 30 seconds.
- ALL LYRICS MUST BE APPROPRIATE IN EVERY WAY. This includes any song being sung, performed by an instrumentalist, or danced to. A “clean” version of a song with explicit lyrics in the original version is not acceptable—the original song must be appropriate in every way!
- 5. All acts must be nearly performance ready for the audition—words mostly memorized, choreography completed (just needing clean up work), etc.
- Accompaniments may be live or recorded. Any acts using recorded music must share their music to the RGT Google Folder and must be labeled with all of the group members’ names and the name of the act. No devices or cds with the track will be accepted. All songs must be edited prior to auditions.
- Costumes must be worn to auditions or described on the audition form.
- The Talent show committee will have final say on the appropriateness of an act.
- If there are several groups performing the same song, Mrs. Crocombe will work with them to combine their acts. (We don’t want 15 versions of “We Don’t Talk About Bruno”)
- Signup deadline is Friday, April 8.
*** We will also be looking for an (or a group of) MC(s) to run the show. I encourage 5th graders, but if someone else is interested, they will be given a chance. They should have several jokes prepared and be able to introduce acts.***
- One person in the act must fill out the “Act Information Form.”
- Every person in the act must fill out the “Contract and Permission Form.”
- Lyrics must be submitted in the “Act Information Form.” This includes any song being used in the performance.
- Song file must be loaded into the RGT Google Folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uGgOf0IbW78rIQYGD1LIjnirZ-zh7ffr before April 12 at noon.
*** If you are auditioning for the MC, you must still fill out the forms and include examples of your jokes in the song lyrics section***
If you have any questions, please reach out to Shealyn Crocombe (Music teacher and Ralston parent) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no fee to participate in the Talent Show! However, if you are able to make a donation to the Ralston PTA/Ralston Families at this time due to the cancellation of one of our major fundraisers, your generosity is greatly appreciated. Funds will support Technology, Teacher’s Aides’, STEM, full time AMP, and many other programs for your child at Ralston. Donations can be provided through a separate transaction via Konstella under "sales" or please send/bring in a check to 25856 Columbine Glen Ave. Golden, CO 80401. Thank you!
Talent Show Helper - April 12th @ 3:30pm (Auditions) & May 10th (Dress Rehearsal) & May 11th (Performance) Signed Up: 1 / 1
Talent Show Auditions Helper April 12th at 3:15 Signed Up: 1 / 3
Talent Show Dress Rehearsal Helper May 11th at 3:15 Signed Up: 1 / 3
Talent Show Performance Helper May 12th at 5pm Signed Up: 1 / 3