Hello, Ralston Elementary Families!
We are excited about our upcoming Run4Ralston fundraiser and want to share the details with you. Run4Ralston is one of our largest fundraisers for the school, to provide money for our valued AMP teachers and other school needs. However, Run4Ralston is so much more than just a fundraiser – it is an all student participation activity during school hours that is super fun, promotes good fitness, and drives school spirit.
The goal is to raise $25,000 and we can’t do it without your help! Students can earn individual, class, and school-wide prizes & events!
This year’s goal is only $90 per student – easily attainable! The best strategy is to help your student start finding sponsors and donors right away. Check out the parent letter for the full list of prizes your student can earn – some of them are listed at the end of this letter.
September 8, 2023: Run4Ralston Assembly
- Your student will attend an assembly at school to learn more about the Run and the prizes they can earn.
- Informational materials will come home in their weekly school folders so that students can start contacting friends and family to raise funds towards their prize goals.
- Assist your child(ren) by sponsoring them for the Run4Ralston and helping them find other sponsors like grandparents, aunts and uncles, neighbors, and family friends.
- Check out the back of the pledge sheet for the cool prizes that your child(ren) can earn. They can also earn class prizes listed below!
September 19, 2023: Run4Ralston Date
- Your child(ren) will run/walk as many laps as they can around the track during their 30 to 40 minute run slot. The track is 1/16 of a mile (16 laps =1 mile). Students average 25-30 laps with a 50-lap max.
- Students run with their grade during their scheduled AMP time.
5th Grade: 7:55-8:50am
3rd Grade: 8:55-9:50am
4th Grade 9:55-10:50am
1st Grade: 12:35-1:30pm
2nd Grade: 1:35-2:30pm
- Parents are welcome to come and cheer for your child(ren) during their run time! Please do not come into the school but walk around to the north side of the school to the back lawn to cheer on your child(ren).
September 21, 2023: All Donations Due
- All donations are due. We ask that donations be done with cash/check or via Konstella. Konstella does charge a percentage so if able please donate via cash/check to avoid this fee
October 13, 2023: Prize Day and Cold Treat Day
- Prize day will be during their AMP time (see AMP times above). Prizes will go home with children at the end of the day in sealed bags.
Some incentives are:
- Top $ amount in grades K-2: PE Teacher for the Day
- Top $ amount in grades 3-5: PE Teacher for the Day
- Second top $ amount in all grades:: Principal for the Day
- Top two classes that earn the most money: Class Prize of Choice
- Class with most laps: Extra Recess