PTO Newsletter 8/26/21
There was an error in the previous Newsletter - the Rockin' Run is on 9/23, not 9/21 .
Hello Redstone families! Below are some PTO updates:
Upcoming PTO Dates
8/27/21 Rockin’ Run Kickoff Assembly
9/3/21 Spirit Wear orders due
9/10/21 Principal’s Coffee & PTO Meeting
9/23/21 Rockin’ Run
10/8/21 Rockin’ Run Prize Day
The Redstone Rockin' Run is coming up! Be sure to sign up on the easy-to-use fundraising portal - it makes getting donations from family and friends simple. Students are excited to run for their school and earn fun prizes along the way! This year, funds raised will be used for classroom technology improvements, educator professional development grants, social-emotional curriculum, and student support services. This is a great opportunity to have fun while supporting our school!
Order your 2021 Redstone Spirit Wear! Shirts and hoodies available in youth, women, and men’s sizes.
Orders will be open until September 3rd, 2021. Items will be delivered to the school 2-3 weeks after the campaign closes. Please see the attached flyer for more information!
PTO Volunteer Spotlight
Thank you to Kari Bremner and Anya Kaczmarek for providing treats for our New Parents Coffee and for the fun at the Supply Drop Off. The face painters were a hit, and who doesn’t love Kona Ice?! It was such a fun way to start the year, and a great opportunity for students and parents to connect. The Redstone community appreciates you!
Keep in touch with the Redstone PTO
- Konstella (Class Directories, Announcements, Signups, and more!) https://www.konstella.com
- Facebook (Private Parent Only Page) https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404067776500707
- PTO Website http://dcsdrse.ss14.sharpschool.com/cms/One.aspx?portalId=11439387&pageId=11817115
Redstone PTO Volunteer Opportunities
Welcome to the start of the school year! We are excited to get back to the community we love at Redstone, and the PTO would love to have your help in making this the best school year yet. If you're interested in volunteering or supporting the PTO, please fill out the interest form linked below!
The Redstone Spirit Rock is now available for reservations. Our Spirit Rock is a fun way to spread any kind of positive message. Rent the rock to celebrate a birthday, thank a teacher or staff member, wish good luck on competitions or tournaments, recognize milestones, etc.
Cost is $10 per reservation. You’ll see a Paypal link in the Sign Up Genius - please make sure to pay for your date(s) when you reserve your spot.
PTO Fundraising Opportunities
- King Soopers Rewards: Please enroll your rewards card under Redstone Elementary. Click the link below - it will require you sign into your account (or register if you have never done so) and search for Redstone Elementary PTO or use our number YB132 under the Community Rewards Section. https://www.kingsoopers.com/account/communityrewards/
- Box Tops: No more clipping - just scan your receipt. See how at: https://www.boxtops4education.com/
- Amazon Smile: When you shop on Amazon please consider shopping through Amazon Smile. A portion of all sales through Amazon Smile is donated to Redstone. You can use the link below or designate Redstone Elementary School PTO as your charity of choice. www.smile.amazon.com/ch/86-1144750
With fall harvest quickly approaching students will be engaging in activities in the garden. On September 3rd, volunteers will be working with 1st graders in the garden on a green bean activity. Students will actually be harvesting green beans and learning about the drying process so the seeds can be used for next season's garden.
Additions coming soon include an apple tree and a pumpkin patch space. A volunteer sign up will be sent for those interested in helping with the expansion.