Fri, Nov 13 11:34am
Please see details below regarding location change for t-shirt/swag pick up.
Tomorrow is the Walkathon! It's not too late to sign up, and it's not too late to get a t-shirt!
Many thanks to those who have already signed up on Walkstarter and raised money! This week we're seeing more and more people signing up, but we still want to see more of you! (We're currently at 17% participation and are almost to 20% of our goal of $50k for the school....so now is the time to sign up!)
Here are the core pieces of information:
- Who: YOU!
- When: Saturday, November 14
- Where: Choose a route that works for your family! Here are some suggested routes if you need ideas...or just make up your own around your block or neighborhood.
- Why: Raises money for important RHS programs like art, garden, music, PE, etc.; 10% of funds go to RHS families in need due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- How: Pledges can be collected multiple ways
- rhs.walkstarter.org for your kid specifically
- General donations - just be sure to have sponsors name your child in the memo so they get "credit" towards prizes:
- Every kid gets a t-shirt -> pick yours up this afternoon (Friday, 11/13). PICK UP LOCATION HAS BEEN CHANGED DUE TO POSSIBLE RAIN. Get your walkathon t-shirt and Reach New Heights swag in the driveway of 4266 Detroit Ave. Email Walkathon chair (email@example.com) for alternative arrangements.
- We have awesome prizes, including individual prizes for each child raising $100 or more, plus grand prize drawings for:
- A Nintendo Switch!!
- Tickets to Glowfari @ Oakland Zoo!
- Plus schoolwide prizes like pajama day and virtual field trips!
- For more info: Check out this video where our own RHS kids explain this year's Walkathon: https://youtu.be/KvAyG5613ew
Any questions? Reach out to the Walkathon Chair Jen Lachance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
From your Walkathon Committee