Dear Redwood Heights Families,
We are excited to receive your children on TUE, 3/30/21. The school is sparkling and ready for our Sammy Squirrels to enter the building. Be patient with us as we transition to in-person learning and use our new systems. We will adjust along the way.
Your MUST DOs for the weekend.
Thoroughly and carefully read the Redwood Heights Reopening Plan below. This will ensure you understand safety protocols and logistics for the school day. This is a live document and will be updated periodically. If you have questions, please email us:
- Redwood Heights Reopening Plan Spring 2021
- FINAL NEW LINK: RHS Many Hands Make Light Work Parent Survey Thank you for patience! As we tell our students: Mistakes are opportunities to learn.
STUDENT COHORT LIST AND SCHEDULES:
Our teachers will share the student cohort list and class schedule by Friday, 3/26/21 @ 5pm.
IN PERSON HYBRID OPT IN / OPT OUT POLICY:
- You may opt OUT of In Person Hybrid Learning at any time
- You may only opt INTO In Person Learning by certain deadlines. This will give us time to plan and adjust our classroom furniture and supplies
- (K-2) Notify me by Friday 3/26 at noon to start on 3/30
- (3-5) Notify me by Thursday 4/13 at noon to start on 4/19
Movement into cohorts is limited in order to keep them stable for COVID safety.
SIBLING - IN PERSON HYBRID OPT IN / OPT OUT POLICY:
Siblings should be in the same A or B cohort. No other requests for A vs B will be considered. We made these groups based on academic need, balanced groups, Special Ed needs, and siblings. We simply can not accommodate additional preferences. If you want to request a change, please email me directly with the title HYBRID SCHEDULE CHANGE. Feel free to cc your teacher.
Those K-2 teachers who are returning to in person instruction next week have two planning days this Thursday 3/25 and Friday 3/26. On these two days, most K-2 classes will only meet with their teachers for an hour of Synchronous Instruction; the rest of these days will be Asynchronous.
Thank you for your continued patience as we prepare for our favorite little ones!
Peace, love and patience,
Email me if you have more questions @ cynthia.bagby@ ousd.org