School Site Council Meeting - All are welcome to attend!
5:15-5:25 pm - Welcome & review/approve February meeting minutes
5:25-5:35 pm - Updates on preliminary feedback for the RHS 2017-18 Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
5:35-6:25 pm - Filling in the SPSA gaps for the priority area of Equity
1) Needs Assessment section:
c) Root Cause Analysis
2) 2017-18 Strategies & Key Practices section:
a) Key Teaching Practices
b) Related Key Leadership Practices
c) Related Key Organizational Practices
6:25-6:30 pm - Next steps/action items
What is the School Site Council?
The School Site Council (SSC) is the leadership body of the school responsible for ensuring that our students' educational needs are met. It is composed of administration, faculty, parents/caregivers, and community members. It is the central point of school site-based planning and management.
The SSC is the decision-making body for:
- The budget (local, state, and federal)
- Instructional programs
- Curriculum in all areas
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the School Site Plan called the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Reviewing and approving all programs that affect the instructional goals
- Working in collaboration with other school organizations, including the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and the Dads' Club