School Site Council Meeting - All are welcome to attend!
5:15-5:25 pm - Welcome & review/approve March meeting minutes
5:25-5:35 pm - Updates on second review and compliance feedback for the RHS 2017-18 Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
5:35-6:25 pm - Developing a logic model to support the priority area of Equity
1) Theory of Action | Logic Model
a) Advantages & limitations of each
2) Logic model components (Inputs --> Activities --> Outputs --> Outcomes)
Equity focus areas:
a) Funding diverse, small groups for learning
b) Teaching students test-taking skills
c) K/1 student success
d) Messaging to parents/families that explains how raising the floor helps all students succeed
6:25-6:30 pm - Next steps/action items
What is the School Site Council?
The School Site Council (SSC) is the leadership body of the school responsible for ensuring that our students' educational needs are met. It is composed of administration, faculty, parents/caregivers, and community members. It is the central point of school site-based planning and management.
The SSC is the decision-making body for:
- The budget (local, state, and federal)
- Instructional programs
- Curriculum in all areas
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of the School Site Plan called the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Reviewing and approving all programs that affect the instructional goals
- Working in collaboration with other school organizations, including the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) and the Dads' Club